- Players are able to report if someone in the game is acting inappropriately, including: inappropriate names, inappropriate chat, cheating/hacking, and harassment/misconduct. Consequences can range from temporary to permanent bans (including alternate accounts).
- Accounts are tied to a specific platform and cannot be linked to each other.
- Accessing Free Chat requires an account (without it the only chat option is Quick Chat).
- Accounts are required to change the player's display name. If the player does not create an account, there is a button that can be used to randomize the player's display name.
- Usernames are not exclusive. Multiple people can have the same username.
- If multiple players with the same username join the same lobby, each player with a matching username after the first to join is numbered next to their name until they leave the game.
- If the player is under the minimum age of digital consent in their country (for most countries 13 is the minimum age), they will need a parent/guardian's permission to create an account.
- Without an account the player can still play via Guest Mode which has social features (only Quick Chat and randomized names).
- Accounts will be updated to integrate a friends list in the future.
- In version 2021.4.12, the accounts system was updated to add an option to go offline, which makes the Online button inaccessible. Additionally, the accounts tab has a colored outline that changes based on the player's status:
- Green means that the player is logged into their account.
- Yellow means that the player is not logged into their account and is playing as a guest.
- Gray means that the player is playing offline.
Accounts were confirmed on September 23, 2020, in a devlog by Innersloth as one of the new features that will be implemented into Among Us after the cancellation of the game's sequel, Among Us 2. They stated that a friends system would also be added.
On November 3, 2020, moderation features were announced in the in-game announcements. The release date of this feature was revealed to be sometime during December 2020. However, as of early 2021, the update has still not released.
On November 19, 2020, the Among Us Twitter account made a post stating that moderation features are a top priority. They said, "We want our space to be welcoming & respectful, so this is our first step in sabatoging the toxicity and hacking."
An external development team is working on the accounts system, though it has not been confirmed who the team is.
- There is a visual bug where some of the hats may appear backwards on the title card.
- In a future update, the accounts will be able to be shared on different devices.
- "Info on Accounts". itch.io, Innersloth. March 24, 2021. Retrieved March 24, 2021.
- "The Future of Among Us". itch.io, Innersloth. September 23, 2020. Retrieved November 23, 2020.
- "Small Patch and Roadmap". Steam, Innersloth. November 3, 2020. Retrieved November 3, 2020.
- "Crewmates, let's answer 2 things: Accounts". Twitter, AmongUsGame. November 19, 2020. Retrieved November 23, 3030.
- "they also had an external team handle the switch port and have an external team handling accounts". Innersloth Discord server, Buttery Stancakes. January 25, 2021. Retrieved January 25, 2021.
|Core Gameplay||Abilities · Accounts · Achievements · Locations · Maps · Personal map · Player speed · Task bar · Task list · Tasks · Vision|
|Meetings and Chats||Chat · Discussion · Ejection · Emergency meeting · Kick · Quick Chat · Report · Voting|
|Server Host||Host · Ban · Options · Private · Public · Start|
|Other UX elements||Help · Region|