Align Engine Output begins with an engine facing either upwards or downwards with a horizontal line in the screen's middle. Crewmates must move the engine close enough to align with the middle line of the object. The task consists of two stages, which are located in Upper Engine and Lower Engine, in either order. The engines are moved using the slider on the right side of the panel that pops up when the task is started.
- Crewmates can complete the stages in the order of place they want, starting and ending with either of the engines. This is one of the only two tasks where doing so is possible, the other being Open Waterways.
- If players align the Lower Engine before the Upper Engine, the yellow task arrow will still point towards the task in Lower Engine. This is a bug.
- As of the current update, however, the player must complete the task in the order specified by the task list and the personal map. Until the first engine is aligned, the player is unable to interact with the engine that is specified as the first half.
- On Dleks Eht, the Lower Engine must be aligned before the Upper Engine.
- Players were once able to make this a one-step task by releasing and quickly re-tapping the knob before the menu closes. This exploit has since been fixed.