Among Us celebrates April Fools every year on April 1st. Prior to 2022, the textures and layout on The Skeld were reversed, and the map's name was changed to "ehT dlekS". In 2022, The Skeld layout was not reversed, but all the player sprites have become horse-like creatures.
During April Fools, The Skeld's textures and layout became reversed. This caused the rooms that would normally appear on the left of the map to appear on the right and vice versa. The Skeld's textures' reversal also made it look like the ship was flying backward, confusing many players.
- The code that changes the appearance of The Skeld during April Fools is still within the data of Among Us. If the host's device's date is set to April 1, The Skeld will appear flipped for all players in the host's game, even if their devices' dates are not set to April 1.
- On ehT dlekS, Align Engine Output begins in Lower Engine and ends in Upper Engine.
- On Nintendo Switch edition, the map icon of The Skeld is not reversed, though ehT dlekS will still be properly hosted in a lobby or loaded in Freeplay.
- All other maps are unaffected by April Fools.
- On ehT dlekS, Upload Data uses the old asset prior to version 2021.6.30.
- On ehT dlekS, Clean Vent is not present.
- There is a bug on ehT dlekS where vents will not function correctly, the arrow face to the left, can only move left and right (for example, Impostors and Engineers cannot use a vent to access Admin) and characters are unable to hop out.
- The whinny sound used during Horse Mode was voiced by Gary Porter.
|The sound played during April Fools 2022 when An Impostor kills a Crewmate.|