Ejection is the final stage in an emergency meeting and occurs when a player in Among Us receives the most votes during an emergency meeting. The ejected player then becomes a ghost and, depending on the game's options, their role may be revealed and the remaining amount of Impostors is shown.
Ejection occurs when the voting period in an emergency meeting is over; the player with the most votes will be ejected. With Confirm Ejects enabled, the game will display the player and whether or not they were The/An Impostor, along with how many Impostors remain with the format,
"<Player> was (not) The/An Impostor. 0/1/2/3 Impostor(s) remain(s)."
If Confirm Ejects are toggled off in the game's options, the game will state "<Player> was ejected." with no information about their in-game role or how many Impostors remain. If either the highest number of votes are to skip the vote, there is a tie in the voting, or no one voted, no one will be ejected, and the message appears as "No one was ejected. (Skipped/Tie)", along with how many Impostors remain if Confirm Ejects are enabled.
A tie can also occur between a player and the skip option. Once a player is ejected, they are considered dead. Similar to players who were killed, they are still allowed to roam the map as a ghost. Their pets will stay near the spawn point, except on The Airship, in which case they remain where they were at the time of the emergency meeting that lead to their owner's ejection, and will act as if their owner was killed there.
Additionally, when a player is ejected, their clothing may have visual changes. For instance, the doctor skin would be more spread out than usual.
On The Skeld, the ejected player is shot out of the ship's airlock and is shown spinning/floating through space. It is unknown where the ship's airlock is, but it is heard at the start of the ejection. The sound is panned mostly to the left channel.
On MIRA HQ, the ejected player is shown falling from the sky into a mass of dark clouds.
On Polus, the ejected player is shown falling from a cliff into a pool of lava, which is likely the pool shown Outside. If Confirm Ejects are on, Crewmates who are ejected will stick their hand out of the lava, as if they are calling for help, while Impostors who are ejected will give a thumbs up. If Confirm Ejects are off, the ejected player will splash into the lava, not showing any unique animation.
On The Airship, the ejected player is shown falling from the sky full of clouds. It is a reference to the Henry Stickmin game Fleeing the Complex, specifically the ending The Betrayed where Reginald Copperbottom betrays Henry and tosses him off the Airship (the ending music even playing). Players will stick out their hand regardless of their role.
- The Impostor sticking their thumb out of the lava when they are ejected on Polus is a reference to Terminator 2: Judgement Day's lava scene when the robot, known as the Terminator, sinks in the lava.
- If An Impostor being ejected leaves the game between the voting period ending and the ejection dialogue appearing with Confirm Ejects on, the dialogue will say that one less Impostor is still in the game than there actually is. This is probably a bug caused by the game counting the ejection and the disconnection as eliminating separate Impostors. This does not affect anything in the game other than the ejection dialogue.
- On The Airship, the ejected player is most likely thrown at Viewing Deck due to its internal file name being
- On The Skeld, ejection had no unique sound apart from the dialogue. However, as of version 2021.6.15, the airlock being opened up and unlocked is now audible.
- Ejection is the only way the controlled character can become a ghost in Freeplay mode.
- This is only possible as a Crewmate, as being ejected as An Impostor in Freeplay mode revives all the characters.
- The main menu screen shows a number of characters floating in space that have presumably been ejected.
|The sound played when a player is ejected on The Skeld.|
|The sound played when a player falls into the lava on Polus.|
|The music played when a player is ejected on The Airship.|
|The sound played when the dialogue appears.|
|Core Gameplay||Abilities · Accounts · Achievements · Locations · Maps · Personal map · Player speed · Task bar · Task list · Tasks · Vision|
|Meetings and Chats||Chat · Discussion · Ejection · Emergency meeting · Kick · Quick Chat · Report · Voting|
|Server Host||Host · Ban · Options · Private · Public · Start|
|Other UX elements||Help · Region|