They are not the same as discussion time. When an emergency meeting begins, unless the game is on The Airship, all players are teleported to either Cafeteria (for The Skeld and MIRA HQ) or Office (for Polus), depending on the map. The players are unable to voluntarily move. The meeting then goes to discussion time, unless discussion time is set to 0 seconds in the settings, in which case it will go on to voting time. Emergency meetings cannot be called via the emergency button during Sabotages, excluding Door Sabotage. Whenever an emergency meeting is called, an overview screen will appear, showing who called the meeting and who died since the last meeting. The player who called it will have a megaphone icon appear on the right side of their name bar in the voting screen. The case is the same when a player reports a dead body.
On The Skeld, emergency meetings are held in Cafeteria, with all players stationed in a circle around the emergency button on the middle table. Interestingly, this is the only map to have emergency meetings held in the spawn location.
On MIRA HQ, emergency meetings are held in Cafeteria, similar to The Skeld. All players are stationed around the emergency button on the left table.
On The Airship, emergency meetings are not held in a specific location. Instead, the character remains where they were when the emergency meeting was called, or keep moving in a straight line if they were moving at the time. After an emergency meeting, each player has 10 seconds to choose where to spawn. Those three locations are randomly picked.
- Different visuals are used for when a body is reported or the emergency button is used.
- There is a glitch that occurs when a Crewmate is killed by An Impostor and someone calls an emergency meeting simultaneously. The dead Crewmate will show up as both dead and alive on the meeting screen. However, they are technically dead, as after the emergency meeting ends, the person who was initially killed may have their body appear in their spawn location or under the feet of The Impostor who killed them.
- If this glitch occurs, the kill animation will play through on the deceased player's screen during the meeting.
- The animation of An Impostor going in or out of a vent is not paused during the emergency meeting splash screen, thus it is possible to see the vent animation along the top or bottom of the screen when being teleported.
- There is a possible glitch where someone can call an emergency meeting at the same time someone reports a body. This will cause the game to be stuck with a "BODY REPORTED" banner flashing on the screen every few seconds.
- When an emergency meeting is called, all dead bodies on the map disappear and can no longer be reported.
- The maximum number of emergency meetings that may be called in a game is 147. This can happen in a game with 15 players with one Impostor, and the maximum nine emergency button uses for each player. Each player can then use up all their emergency button uses and make a vote tie or skip, resulting in 135 emergency meetings. The Impostor can then kill a Crewmate and let the body be reported before another meeting. This keeps happening until two Crewmates are left, resulting in The Impostor winning, with twelve bodies reported. This leads to the absolute maximum number of emergency meetings.
- The formula for the maximum number of emergency meetings for a game with any settings is: E = BP+(P-1-2I). E refers to the number of emergency meetings, B refers to the number of times each player can use the emergency button, P refers to the number of players in the lobby, and I refers to the number of Impostors in the lobby.
- In version 2021.6.15, a new screen for an emergency meeting was released to accommodate 15-player games. Just like Repair Drill on Polus and Upload Data on The Airship, the boundary of the screen matches the player's currently selected color.
- Since version 2021.6.30, a sound effect occurs when the dead players are revealed.
- If An Impostor starts an emergency meeting, their name will appear to all Impostors as white rather than red when the dead bodies are revealed.
|The alarm that plays when someone presses the emergency button.|
|The alarm that plays when someone presses the emergency button on The Airship.|
|The sound played when dead Crewmates are revealed at the start of the meeting.|
- "Among Us 🛩️ The Airship Map 🛩️ Reveal Trailer - Coming Early 2021!". YouTube, Innersloth. December 11, 2020. Retrieved December 11, 2020.
|Core Gameplay||Abilities · Accounts · Achievements · Locations · Maps · Personal map · Player speed · Task bar · Task list · Tasks · Vision|
|Meetings and Chats||Chat · Discussion · Ejection · Emergency meeting · Kick · Quick Chat · Report · Voting|
|Server Host||Host · Ban · Options · Private · Public · Start|
|Other UX elements||Help · Region|