|I was with Green and Lime.|
This article might not be what you’re looking for, and should not be confused with Green and Lime.
|This article's name is conjectural.|
The name is unofficial and may change at any time.
"Fortegreen" is the default color, used for players who either don't send or send an invalid color to the server. Normally, when this bug happens, it also fails to send their username over, which is what results in the "???" name bug. In older versions of the game, "ForteBass" was the default name instead, coined after Innersloth's programmer.
|—Buttery Stancakes#9593, Innersloth Discord senior moderator|
Fortegreen is a color that cannot be selected through customize. The color is assigned to each player shortly before they connect. Players as Fortegreen have the name "???," as the color was used for connecting players before the 2020.9.22 update. Players may see the name or color for a split second when another player joins.
When Fortegreen is alive, they have unique color values, as with every other color.
When Fortegreen is in the role reveal screen, the defeat or victory screen, is killed, or is in a discussion, they visually transform into Red. However, their color values as a ghost remain the same as they originally were when Fortegreen was alive.
- Fortegreen's name may be based on ForteBass's name.
- Originally, connecting players had the name "ForteBass."
- This was later changed to "???."
- Fortegreen is the only color that appears as other colors in Among Us.
- Fortegreen was used as Green as seen in the Among Us trailer, and was most likely named "Fortegreen" as Green was named "Forte."
- Fortegreen is easily confusable with Green as they are quite similar, due to Fortegreen being replaced by Green.
- Playing as Fortegreen in Freeplay results in many side effects.
- The emergency meeting interface never appears correctly positioned on-screen. This is due to the player's camera not scrolling to the emergency button, as it would in a standard game.
- Pressing the emergency button does not close the interface automatically, but doing so manually shows a saturated icon of Yellow as the only player, named "WWWWWWWWWW." Opening the chat and kick menus behave as normal, but the displayed character's full body appears as long as they are open. Clicking the button to skip plays the standard sound effect, but no additional buttons to confirm appear. The text "yoyooy" also appears in the lower-right corner.
- Fortegreen cannot run Submit Scan, and attempting to do so prompts the response "Scan Requested." Their color and ID also appears as Blue's.
- Neither the personal map nor Sabotage menu can be opened.
- When viewing Vitals, they appear as Fortegreen visually, but have the ID of White.
- Fortegreen does not have a displayed name in Scan Boarding Pass.
- Fortegreen can not finish Upload Data.
- A player may become Fortegreen if they select a color as someone with that color joins.
- Fortegreen cannot select cosmetics, and they disappear from the customize menu. However, in the customize menu in the lobby, Fortegreen appears wearing a military suit.
- Additionally, the menu to purchase cosmetics does not load properly in both the lobby and the main menu. The message "Loading Failed: Couldn't fetch pet data" is displayed.
- Playing as any other color has all the player's default and purchased cosmetics appear again.
- Fortegreen's messages in the lobby chat does not appear for themselves, but other players can see them. Their messages may be visible to themselves after a random period of time, however.