- MIRA HQ
The crewmates are heading back to headquarters for the next map! Innersloth
With the implementation of a map filter in 2019's first update, Innersloth officially confirmed the development of a second map. Later, they revealed the map would be set on the Crewmates headquarters, and released several concept arts from the new map on Discord. The map was officially announced on August 3, 2019, along with a Henry Stickmin Collection update. It was released on August 8, 2019, with a trailer uploaded on August 9, 2019. At first, MIRA HQ was paid to have the ability to host a game on it, though other players could join for free, but later the price was adjusted to completely free.
This is the first spawn point for players until the first meeting. The dropship is perched, along with several boxes, a diagnostic computer, and another device to fill the engines.
This room consists of 7 beds, a scanner, and a vent between two beds.
This room has radio equipment and a computer that displays the doorlogs, updating the log whenever a player passes a sensor.
Locker Room has several lockers and a bench, and a vent in the bottom left corner.
Office is a medium-sized room located at the end of the North Hallway, across from Admin. It has a The Henry Stickmin Collection poster at the top right corner. It is in the upper area of the map. It has a vent in the upper left corner. Two short tasks are found here. The Fix Lights Sabotage and Comms Sabotaged can be fixed there.
On MIRA HQ, Cafeteria is located in the right corridor and is smaller than its predecessor. It is also near Storage and Balcony, and the tables are cubic instead of circular and are light brown. A vent is located near the entrance, and the emergency button is located on the left table.
On MIRA HQ, Decontamination is a long hallway that runs from Locker Room to a hallway that separates Reactor and Laboratory. Note that there is a vent at the bottom-right corner of the room, so Impostors can perform a murder in the room. In this map, the player must use a stand next to the doors to open them. Extreme caution is required, as The Impostor can perform kills and use vents without being noticed. The crew members are decontaminated before going to the corridor that connects Reactor and Laboratory. It consists of an isolated room with yellow floors and black floors that flash blue, in addition to vaporizers and two doors that players can open by pressing the button on the sides. When they enter, the door closes, and the place emits steam. Several seconds after that, the other door opens.
On MIRA HQ, Laboratory is a medium-sized room located across from Reactor after the Decontamination hallway. It features a one-way window that can only be looked through on the hallway side. It also includes a vent directly connected to other vents in Decontamination, Reactor, and Office, and is part of MIRA HQ's vent network.
On MIRA HQ, Reactor is connected to Laboratory, which contains a massive reactor with a claw that emits a laser (which can change color if Reactor is Sabotaged), several computers, and two hand palms that are used to repair Reactor Meltdown, just like on The Skeld. But, to get to Reactor, Crewmates must first go through Decontamination. A vent is located on the left below. Several one-way windows can also be seen through the hallway side of Reactor.
On this map, Storage is located near Cafeteria. Inside the room is a bookcase that contains old materials, including the watering can, which is used to water the plants.
Greenhouse is a long room with pots full of shrubs, flowers, plants, and a large oxygen filter with a tree inside. The roof contains several dry plants that sway slowly, and a vent is located above the filter. The floor is entirely made of some transparent material (possibly glass).
- MIRA HQ is set on a tall skyscraper, a part of an organization called MIRA. The Crewmates had possibly come back from space on The Skeld, from the rest of their adventures.
- Process Data is a continuation of Upload Data, seen on The Skeld, Polus, and The Airship as it processes the data sent by the Crew on the other three maps.
- Additionally, MIRA HQ was referenced on these maps with the title "Headquarters" in Upload Data.
- MIRA HQ is the only map without Security, but in return, it is the only map with Doorlogs.
- The vents on MIRA HQ are interconnected, meaning that An Impostor can use them to travel around the map more efficiently, unlike other maps. This makes vents a very efficient mode of transportation for Impostors, as they can kill someone and appear pretty much anywhere else on the map.
- In Office, there is a poster displaying The Henry Stickmin Collection. The Henry Stickmin series is also developed by Innersloth, specifically one of the staff, Marcus Bromander.
- The NRg drink can be seen in the vending machine in the Buy Beverage task, along with the Don Dew drink from the MLG sequence.
- During Halloween 2019 and 2020, The Skeld and MIRA HQ received visual changes, giving it some Halloween decorations such as webs, spiders, bats, pumpkins, candles, etc. Players can also set their devices' dates to October 31, 2019, or October 31, 2020 and then play the game to get this version of the maps.
- MIRA HQ is the smallest map in Among Us. The largest is The Airship.
- Earlier in Among Us's history, MIRA HQ and Polus were DLC maps before the price kept decreasing as time went by, and eventually became free maps.
- MIRA HQ is the only currently available map without Door Sabotage.
- On January 8, 2021, Innersloth posted the first draft of MIRA HQ on its Twitter.
- MIRA HQ takes place specifically on the 111th floor of a skyscraper.
- MIRA HQ was originally planned to take place underwater. However, the skyscraper theme was decided on later in the map's development.
- In the Quick Chat interface, MIRA HQ is shortened to "Mira".
- In Freeplay mode, the controlled character spawns in Cafeteria instead of Launchpad.
- MIRA HQ is the only map which has no unique sound effect or music during ejection.
- "Quick Patch for 2019.3.15!". itch.io, Innersloth. March 15, 2019. Retrieved November 9, 2020.
- "First 2019 Update!". Itch.io, Innersloth. January 25, 2019. Retrieved December 23, 2020.
- "The fixes still rolling in with Among Us 2019.4.2". Itch.io, Innersloth. April 3, 2019. Retrieved December 23, 2020.
- "A few fixes for Among Us 2019.4.10". Itch.io, Innersloth. April 10, 2019. Retrieved December 23, 2020.
- "New colors in Among Us 2019.4.24". Itch.io, Innersloth. April 24, 2019. Retrieved December 23, 2020.
- "New Map + Henry Update!". itch.io, Innersloth. August 3, 2019. Retrieved May 15, 2020.
- "MIRA HQ Launched!". itch.io, Innersloth. August 8, 2019. Retrieved May 15, 2020.
- "Map 4 is looking to be bigger than Polus.". Twitter, PuffballsUnited. October 26, 2020. Retrieved November 18, 2020.
- "Among Us and Innersloth In 2020 - Among Us by Innersloth". itch.io, Innersloth. January 6, 2020. Retrieved January 9, 2021.
- "All Maps Free and Among Us Merch". Steam, Innersloth. June 11, 2020. Retrieved January 10, 2021.
- "Throwback to the first draft we made of MIRA HQ!". Twitter, Innersloth. January 8, 2021. Retrieved January 9, 2021.
- "mira takes place on the 111th floor of a skyscraper". Discord, Buttery Stancakes. March 15, 2021. Retrieved March 19, 2021.
- "MIRA HQ was planned to be an underwater map". Discord, Buttery Stancakes. March 19, 2021. Retrieved March 19, 2021.
- "the skyscraper theme was settled on later in dev". Discord, Buttery Stancakes. March 19, 2021. Retrieved March 19, 2021.