- 1 Premise
- 2 Development and Release
- 3 Rooms
- 4 Full map
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Audio
- 7 Videos
- 8 Gallery
- 9 References
- A spacious planet base larger than either previous map.
- 12 new tasks!
- A unique type of security system!
- New door mechanics!
- A bathroom (out of order)!
Development and Release
The map trailer was released on November 1, 2019, confirming to have new tasks and Sabotages as well new fixes and anti-hack improvements. Innersloth confirmed that it would be released the same way that they released MIRA HQ, as additional paid content. It was officially released on November 12, 2019, costing US$4 and required players to update Among Us to its 2019.11.12 version.
Dropship is the main spawn point for players when they start the match, which is practically the lobby of a match before starting it, similar to The Skeld's ship. The place is empty, just a door that possibly leads to the pilot. Next to the engines, there are two gas tanks.
Electrical is an upside-down, L-shaped room at the top-left corner of the map. It has an exterior section that contains the actual electrical equipment. Under that is a vent. It has a door at the top-right corner that leads outside, a door at the bottom of it that leads to O2, and a doorway at the top-left that leads to Security.
Outside is the planetary base's outer area, being located practically from the right exit of Office, with a lava pit, several pilasters of climatic modules, among other things. When voted out in emergency meetings, players are thrown into the lava pit.
Office is the main spawn point for players after an emergency meeting, where it is connected to Admin and contains several items such as a gallon of water. A vent is located next to Office's left entrance.
Admin is a medium-sized room located near Office's discussion table and near the western Decontamination. There is a table for Admin and a screen with the DVD logo bouncing in different directions, which might be a reference to the TV screensaver image.
On Polus, MedBay is a medium-sized room that is only mentioned in tasks. Otherwise, it is encompassed by Laboratory. It contains a scanner and hospital beds. The beds appear as if they have a table next to them.
Specimen Room is located near the bottom-right of Polus. To access it, players have to pass through one of the small Decontamination rooms in either Admin or Laboratory, then walk through a long empty hallway. The room features windows that let players see Outside from within.
Storage is a small, isolated room with only a gallon of fuel and a few boxes, along with a vent, which is connected to the vents in Office and the one near Communications. A window is viewed both inside and outside Storage located at the bottom of the structure.
Weapons on Polus is a small room at the bottom of the map. It also has a monitor with a green screen. Outside it is a weapon that will fire.
- Polus is the second largest map in Among Us, the first being The Airship. Even though it is slightly smaller, it has more tasks than The Airship.
- Polus has had several modifications in areas that differ from the rest:
- To open the doors, as they do not open automatically like The Skeld, they can be opened when used. There are four disabled switches, which, when flipping them, will open the door.
- Security is similar to on The Skeld; however, the only difference is that it consists of only one screen, and players must change the camera view by pressing the buttons.
- The cameras have an even greater field of view than that of The Skeld, which allows players to see inside the corridors, something that did not appear on previous maps.
- The Airship also has an identical Security system.
- Reactor is replaced with Seismic Stabilizers, with its tasks being in Specimen Room.
- Oxygen Depleted and Reactor Meltdown are replaced with Reset Seismic Stabilizers, resulting in Polus only having one critical Sabotage. Even though Reactor is not present on Polus, the Start Reactor task still exists, but it is in Specimen Room.
- Vents appear as holes in the ground.
- On September 27, 2020, Marcus Bromander published on his Twitter account a sketch of Polus.
- In front of Office, there is a photo of Henry Stickmin, the main protagonist of the Henry Stickmin series created by one of the Innersloth staff, Marcus Bromander. Additionally, in the room next to Office is another poster saying "See Something, Say Something", which was also present in the Henry Stickmin series.
- In The Henry Stickmin Collection, more specifically in Fleeing the Complex, a character by the name of Polus Petrovich briefly appears. Within the game, it is claimed that he named a planet after himself after winning sweepstakes on his bio. Marcus Bromander designed the map himself, which explains why Polus shows up in The Henry Stickmin Collection.
- On the TV in Admin, the DVD screensaver vignette is shown, in which the logo bounces from side to side and changes color in order: red, blue, orange, green, purple, yellow, pink. APEX cassette players also perform this function when the system is on standby.
- On the Vitals interface, the logo of a brand called "Simsong" can be seen. This refers to Samsung, a South Korean technology company.
- This is also a homage to the TV show, The Simpsons.
- Polus could be based on the movie The Thing, which has a similar premise to the game. The movie also occurs in Antarctica, and Polus is an arctic planet.
- The bathroom is a room within Laboratory on this map, and just like the map's release description, it appears to be out of order. This may be due to the vent in place of a toilet.
- Polus's map ID is
- Polus is currently the only map to take place outside. However, The Airship contains the Outside location.
- Polus and MIRA HQ used to be DLC maps. However, the price kept decreasing until they eventually became free in version 2020.6.9.
- When a player is ejected, they are unceremoniously thrown into the lava.
- If they were a Crewmate, they would reach out before sinking into the lava.
- If they were An Impostor, they would instead give a thumbs up before sinking, which refers to the crucible scene at the climax of Terminator 2.
- If Confirm Ejects are disabled, they will sink into the lava without coming back up.
- Polus is the only map to feature a unique appearance for vents.
- If one looks at the vent in Electrical, they can see a small detail where the grate that flaps open when An Impostor vents is battered, scraped, and not covering the hole properly.
- Since vents on Polus appears as holes, Crewmates cannot clean the vents and Clean Vent is not available on Polus.
|The main ambience sound of the pods on Polus|
|If you want to see the gallery of Polus, click here.|
- "New Map Trailer: Polus". itch.io, Innersloth. November 1, 2019. Retrieved MONTH DD, YYYY.
- "MIRA now easier to play and more hack-resistant!". itch.io, Innersloth. November 5, 2020. Retrieved November 29, 2020.
- "Polus Map Launched!". itch.io, Innersloth. November 12, 2019. Retrieved December 12, 2020.
- "I found an early sketch of Polus. I think this is what I used as the skeleton, and you can see some things changed as I worked on it.". Twitter, PuffballsUnited. September 27, 2020. Retrieved December 12, 2020.