We've just added Quickchat (version 2021.2.21) - this is an easier, faster and safer option to play if you're using text chat! More info in the game.
|—Victoria Tran, |
Quick Chat, sometimes referred to as Quickchat by Innersloth, is a feature in the text chat in Among Us that allows users to send messages based on predetermined message templates. It was added in version 2021.2.21.
Opening Among Us (for the first time or after the update is finished installing), the player will be asked for their date of birth. If the age determined from the date entered is under 13 years, then the player will be restricted from using the standard chat system, and will have to resort to the Quick Chat system.
Additionally, if a player plays without an account or with a guest account, the normal chat system cannot be used, and they will need to use Quick Chat when in the game. Any player that is playing in a lobby that only allows Quick Chat will also be prevented from using the normal chat system, regardless of age or account status.
There is a circle in the middle of the quick chat options. The player's icon is shown inside the circle. There are seven lines connected to the outside of the circle to separate the seven options for Quick Chat. These options include:
List of Quick Chat Options
|List of Quick Chat options|
- While contemplating the release of console ports of Among Us, Innersloth had trouble with player communication being too slow for regular gameplay.
- However, the developers have hinted at Quick Chat being the solution to this problem.
- There is currently a visual bug in which when a player hovers or clicks or taps over a Quick Chat option, a console controller "A" button will show.
- Quick Chat does not work well in the lobby, as the options still show things about accusing or game-related statements, even though the game has not started.
- Players cannot combine phrases into their own sentence using Quick Chat. If they attempt this, the previous phrase is deleted from the typing bar when selecting the next phrase.
- Prior to version 2021.3.5, all players under 19 years old would be limited to using only Quick Chat.