|THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR NEWCOMERS|
For those who recently started playing Among Us, this article may be very useful to learn how the game works and what to do.
Template:MapBox The Airship, often shortened as Airship, is the fourth map for Among Us, based on the Airship in the Henry Stickmin game Infiltrating the Airship. The Airship is the largest map in Among Us, includes more tasks, has seventeen new locations, and a total of twenty. Added with the new map were multiple Henry Stickmin-related cosmetics.
- 1 Premise
- 2 Development and Release
- 3 Locations
- 4 Full map
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Videos
- 7 Gallery
- 8 References
Welcome recruits. Hop onto the newest Among Us map – the Airship! Out now on all the Among Us platforms, this giant ship is where you’ll be able to work together to carry out the greatest plan... whether that’s as a Crewmate or Impostor is another question.
This free update includes:
- The 4th map, and the biggest one yet
- New tasks including jewel polishing, emptying trash (wow fun), and more
- The ability to pick the room you start in
- All new areas to explore (or get murdered in)
- Improved mobility with ladders and moving platforms
- Inspired by The Henry Stickmin Collection
Development and Release
|—Description of The Airship announcement trailer on YouTube|
The development of The Airship was officially confirmed by Innersloth on September 23, 2020, as some of the new content that will be added to Among Us after the cancellation of its sequel, Among Us 2. Innersloth, on their developer log, stated that it will be free to all players. On November 18, 2020, Cockpit was revealed in the first post of Among Us's official Twitter account with an unknown name. Two characters are featured, who resemble a Center for Chaos Containment employee and the Right Hand Man Reborn, respectively.
In an interview with Innersloth, when asked if he made any plans for the new map, Marcus Bromander responded "Ah, yeah! I've got four rooms drawn and I've got the layout [of the map] kind of sketched out." At The Game Awards 2020 on December 10, 2020, The Airship's announcement trailer was shown. This announcement was officially confirmed by Geoff Keighley on his Twitter account on December 2, 2020. It reveals the names of several locations, including Cockpit, Viewing Deck, Medical, Gap Room, Meeting Room, Lounge, Armory, and Showers, and shows new tasks.
On March 18, 2021, Innersloth announced The Airship was set to release on the 31st of the month.
On March 31, 2021, Innersloth announced that The Airship was set to release at 6:00 PM UTC on that day.
The map was released on the same day (31st March 2021) with another tweet from the official Twitter account stating the map was now released, free for all devices.
Cockpit was revealed on the first post of the Among Us Twitter account, based on the cockpit of the titular Airship from Infiltrating the Airship. It contains a vent at the left-center of the room. It also houses the Admin table.
The Meeting Room is the place where all the emergency meetings are held and has three room divisions. The first division has a ladder from the Gap Room and contains the Empty Garbage task. The second section has the meeting table and the third section has the Enter Id Code task.
Cargo bay is a pretty large room starting from the Lounge and ending at the medical. It has a safe at one of its ends. It is one of the rooms that a player may start in after an emergency meeting.
- Before releasing, The Airship's map icon was shown as a single question mark. It was revealed in a video about the new Among Us interface, as a fourth map had a question mark as a placeholder for the map icon.
- If one looks closely at The Airship announcement trailer, they can see three different picture frames in Kitchen, each having a different colored character. One has a cyan character with a mustache and a top hat, another having a light army green ogre-like character with a small hat with three spikes, and the last one having what looks like a light blue character with a big top hat and a golden gun. The first two are more clearly seen when the on-screen Crewmate is killed and becomes a ghost.
- The Airship has the longest name of any Among Us map, having 11 characters, including the space. The Skeld's name only has nine characters, including the space. MIRA HQ's name only has seven characters, including the space, and Polus's name only has five.
- On December 11, 2020, Marcus Bromander stated on his Twitter account that he posted the trailer's official theme for download on Newgrounds.
- The Airship had several modifications in comparison with the previous maps:
- MedBay has been replaced with Medical on The Airship, similar to how Greenhouse replaces O2 on MIRA HQ.
- There are multiple new tasks and a new kill animation introduced within The Airship's reveal trailer. The kill animation is the cyborg laser beam, based on the Right Hand Man's laser.
- The Dead Body Reported Sound is different on The Airship than the other three maps.
- The sound can also be heard in the Henry Stickmin Game Infiltrating The Airship.
- The sound also is embedded into the emergency meeting sound.
- In the trailer, a new sabotage sound was also heard (also found in Infiltrating the Airship) but it was changed to the default sabotage sound after the map's release.
- In this map, players are able to choose the location to spawn in after an emergency meeting.
- The Airship contains new mechanics, including ladders and the moving platform, both of which can be seen in Gap Room.
- In the reveal trailer, the voice narrating belongs to Marcus Bromander, playing his role as Reginald Copperbottom, yet another character hailing from the Henry Stickmin series. Reginald himself is the leader of the Toppat Clan in the games, making sense to his authority-like demeanor in the trailer.
- The only returning locations on The Airship are Communications, Electrical, and Security.
- This is the only map not to have visual tasks.
- This is the only map that has fake Fix Wiring panels.
- In the Quick Chat interface in a lobby, The Airship is not present as one of the locations.
|If you want to see the gallery of The Airship, click here.|
- "Map 4 is looking to be bigger than Polus.". Twitter, PuffballsUnited. October 26, 2020. Retrieved November 18, 2020.
- "The Future of Among Us". itch.io, Innersloth. September 23, 2020. Retrieved November 18, 2020.
- "Small Patch and Small Roadmap". itch.io, Innersloth. November 3, 2020. Retrieved November 22, 2020.
- "The future of Among us! | Interview with Innersloth Developers | Among Us News Update". YouTube, Big Boaby. October 12, 2020. Retrieved November 19, 2020.
- "It's true: Get your first look at the new @AmongUsGame map live during #TheGameAwards next Thursday, streaming live and free at http://thegameawards.com". Twitter, George Keighley. December 2, 2020. Retrieved December 4, 2020.
- "THE AIRSHIP - A new map coming early 2021". Twitter, Among Us Game. December 10, 2020. Retrieved December 12, 2020.
- "📣 March 31 - The Airship Releases!". Itch.io, Innersloth. March 18, 2021. Retrieved March 18, 2021.
- "This electrical might be scarier than Skeld. We'll seeee...". Twitter, PuffballsUnited. November 6, 2020. Retrieved November 19, 2020.
- "Here's a link to the song I wrote for the Among Us Airship trailer. The Toppat Theme is always fun to modify!". Twitter, PuffballsUnited. December 11, 2020. Retrieved December 12, 2020.