The Skeld, often shortened to Skeld, is the first map in Among Us set on a spaceship in outer space. It is automatically selected upon opening the game for the first time. The map was the only one included in the first version of the game's launch in 2018, with MIRA HQ, Polus, and The Airship being added subsequently. This map was the most popular because of its design, tasks, and some characteristics that it integrates.
Weapons is connected to two hallways and has a vent. It is located east of Cafeteria.
Navigation contains two vents at the top and bottom of the room.
Shields is connected to two hallways and contains a vent.
Lower Engine is connected to two hallways and contains a vent.
MedBay is connected to one hallway and contains a vent.
- There are four visual tasks on The Skeld. Crewmates can prove their innocence by completing these in front of other Crewmates if visual task effects are enabled in the game's options.
- Various vent systems are littered throughout The Skeld, similar to Polus and The Airship.
- During April Fools, the textures and layout of The Skeld are reversed, causing the map to appear as if it is flying backward. The Skeld's name is also changed to "ehT dlekS".
- Players can also set their device clock to April 1 to do this anytime.
- Due to the many visual tasks in The Skeld, it is considered the easiest map when visual task effects are enabled.
- The Skeld is known as the most popular map in the game.
- Ghosts can fly out of The Skeld, although there is an invisible barrier that eventually stops them before they go too far out.
- During Halloween in 2019 and 2020, The Skeld, along with MIRA HQ, received some visual changes, giving it Halloween decorations such as webs, spiders, bats, pumpkins, candles, etc. Players' devices can have their date set to "October 31, 2019" to play the game with these maps, even in online play.
- The Skeld's map ID is
- The Skeld is the third-largest map in the game, the smallest being MIRA HQ, the second-largest being Polus, and the largest being The Airship.
- There are 14 vents and also 14 locations, but they are not evenly distributed. The three rooms without vents (O2, Communications, and Storage) are matched by the second vent in Reactor, the second vent in Navigation, and a vent in an unnamed corridor north of Shields.
- The Skeld's shape is shown beneath the hexagons in Prime Shields.
- In an earlier version of Among Us, there were Security cameras in Electrical and Reactor.
- The Skeld is the only currently-released map to contain tasks in each location.
- Also, note that each location contains at least 2 tasks.
- The Skeld's name was based on the Swedish word for 'Shield', possibly due to the ship's shape.
- In the Quick Chat interface, The Skeld is shortened to “Skeld”.
- The vent layout of The Skeld is vertically symmetrical.
|The main ambience sound of The Skeld.|
|If you want to see the gallery of The Skeld, click here.|