|This article is for the The Skeld and Polus task.|
|For the MIRA HQ upload task, see Process Data.|
Stage 1: Download Data
A Crewmate assigned with Upload Data must go to the designated location to download data, which makes up the first stage. This process takes at least 8.7 seconds. The download location is determined at the beginning of the game.
Stage 2: Upload Data
After completing the first stage, the Crewmate must then go to either Admin on The Skeld or Communications on Polus to upload data, which makes up the second stage. This process also takes at least 8.7 seconds.
- Because of Upload Data's long completion time, Impostors, while pretending to complete this task, can use the time to lower their kill cooldown or to Sabotage.
- Crewmates are only assigned Upload Data once in a game, so Impostors should not approach two download panels in the presence of living Crewmates.
- Because several Upload Data's panels are near vents and the task's UI covers a large majority of a player's screen, An Impostor also faking that download can use a vent to get away and kill a Crewmate, use the vent to get back, and the Crewmate that was running the task would not have seen The Impostor kill.
- On The Skeld, the data can only be uploaded at Admin. If a player goes into Admin and stands near the upload panel at the start of the game, they may be pretending to complete the task, as the data needs to be downloaded before it can be uploaded. Players who come here immediately are most likely An Impostor. This rule also applies to the upload panel in Communications on Polus.
- Upload Data's completion and visual appearance is somewhat similar to the Process Data task completed on MIRA HQ.
- Upload Data in O2 on Polus is downloaded from "LifeSupp," which is the old name for the "O2" room.
- Until it reaches 70%, the percentage of the process data increases in increments of exactly 14%. It starts off with high amounts of time, in days, but then it drastically gets shorter for each increment of 14% until it counts down from three seconds at 70%-100%.
- When the download is at 100%, it does not end until the animated Crewmate reaches the file on the right and the file closes. This is why the time to complete the task can vary.
- The task is named
(Location): Download Dataat the first stage and is named
(Location): Upload Dataat the second stage.