Stage 1: Download Data
A Crewmate assigned with Upload Data must go to the designated location to download data, which makes up the first stage. This process takes at least 8 seconds. The download location is determined at the beginning of the game.
Stage 2: Upload Data
After completing the first stage, the Crewmate must then go to either Admin on The Skeld, Communications on Polus, or Outside on The Airship to upload data, which makes up the second stage. This process also takes at least 8 seconds.
On The Airship, the player will have a mobile device instead of a tablet as the interface. The player needs to drag the mobile device around until the network connection improves. The following indicators with colors are:
- NONE indicates that there is no network connection and the data does not upload.
- POOR indicates that the network is slow and the data uploads slowly.
- GOOD indicates that the network is good and the data uploads at a moderate speed.
- PERFECT indicates that the network connection is excellent and the data uploads the fastest.
- Upload Data's completion and visual appearance is somewhat similar to the Process Data task completed on MIRA HQ.
- On an older version of Among Us, many locations would have abbreviated names in the task interface. For example, Navigation on The Skeld would be abbreviated to "Nav", and Communications would be abbreviated to "Comms". This was changed in a later update, and the full names are shown instead.
- Until it reaches 70%, the percentage of the process data increases in increments of exactly 14%. It starts off with high amounts of time, in days, but then it drastically gets shorter for each increment of 14% until it counts down from three seconds at 70%-100%.
- Even if the download is at 100%, it does not end until the animated Crewmate reaches the file on the right and the file closes. This is why the time to complete the task can vary.
- The task is named
(Location): Download Dataat the first stage and is named
(Location): Upload Dataat the second stage.
- Just like Repair Drill on Polus, the outer boundary of the interface of the mobile device in the second stage of the Upload Data task on The Airship matches the player's color.
- In Freeplay, it is possible to do more than one Upload Data task.
- As of version 2021.4.12, however, it is possible to have more than one Upload Data task.[needs testing]
- In version 2021.6.30, the panel used to complete stage 2 of Upload Data on The Skeld was updated to be more distinct from the panels seen in other rooms. This is similar to the panels in Communications on Polus and Outside on The Airship.
- In Stage 2 of Upload Data on The Airship, beeping sounds can he heard which speed up or slow down depending on the mobile device's signal strength.
- This is normally drowned out by the sound of the propellers, and the only way to actually hear it well is to turn the music volume low enough for it to be audible.
|The sound played on The Airship as data is being uploaded.|